Players must attend DeWitt Public Schools (or be homeschooled and reside in the district).
Required to Participate: Prior to participating in 1st practice, all players must provide proof of physical examination dated on or after April 15 of current year.
Age Divisions: Players are divided by grade (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th).
- Certified white helmet (preferably with gray face mask),
- All pads. Shoulder pads, thigh, knee and tailbone pads.
- Girdle hex pad shorts (thigh, knee, tailbone pads built into a washable pair of shorts). The other option is to buy practice pants that have the pads already sewn in them and just wear your game pants over those. Either option works.
- Mouth guard, one with line attachment to the helmet (shock doctor or similar) are easiest for the boys to keep track of. DJP can provide a mouth guard if requested, however the mouth guards available are very basic and it is highly recommended that you purchase one for your player.
- Practice pants (any color)
- Practice jersey (any color)
- Football athletic soft rubber cleats for 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th grades,
- Game socks-Tall White at least 2 pair.
- Athletic supporter including protective cup.
Practice Information: Practices begin in August and are set by the leagues and the DJP Board. Dates are announced at Parent Info Meeting in Spring.
Game Information: Games are held on Saturday/Sunday for 4-6 and Wednesdays for 7/8. Game schedules are announced as soon they become available and at the latest a week before the first game.
Registrations: Register at www.dewittjrpanthers.com prior to August 1st.
- $125 May 1 - May 31 (including $25 early registration discount)
- $150 June 1 - June 30
- $175 July 1 - July 31 (including $25 late fee)
*scholarships (partial or full registration waivers available), please contact DJP Treasurer for more information.