UNIFORM TURN IN PROCEDURES
ALL uniform pieces are due to the press box Tuesday, October 23rd between 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. There will be Board Members there collecting uniforms. You must walk the uniform to the press box to check your uniform back in. If you have already given it to your coach, please verify that they are doing this for you.
Cheer uniform turn in: Washed vest, skirt and cheer bag
Football uniform turn in: Washed blue jersey, washed white jersey, washed navy game pants, belt
This year's parade will be September 28th at 5:00 pm. Lineup will begin at 4:30 and end at 4:45 pm. Athletes should meet near the tennis courts on Panther Drive.
Football players wear Navy jersey. Cheerleaders wear Navy bodysuits, vest, skirt, lollies and navy bow. Cheerleaders may wear their uniform to the football game if they wish.
Player photos will take place at practice sites and are scheduled as follows:
Monday, August 20th 6 p.m. - 3/4 Walthorn, 5 Knight, 6 Marrison
Tuesday, August 21st 6 p.m.- 3/4 Bates, 6/7 Nelson, 7/8 Thompson
Monday, August 27th 6 p.m.- 4th and 5th football
Tuesday, August 28th 6 p.m.- 6th - 8th football
More info to come for 2019 ordering!
This year we will not be hosting a swap meet due to construction. Please use our Facebook page if you want to give away or sell any used football or cheer items.
We have made out selection for Football & Cheerleading Coaches and are please to announce the following.
Head Football Coaches:
4th Grade John Braska & Joshua Zeluff
5th Grade Rich Whitman
5th Grade Andy Hildebrant
6th Grade Jay Larner
7th Grade Wayne Lacy
8th Grade Greg Adkins
Head Cheerleading Coaches:
3rd/4th Grade Jamie Bates
3rd/4th Grade Tricia Walthorn
5th Grade Crystal Knight
6th Grade Chelsea Marrison
6th/7th Grade Tammy Nelson
7th/8th Grade Amanda Thompson
The Registration "Home" is not currently available.
Please note that our registration fees are $175.00. You can pay by credit card (fee's will apply) or by cash or check. The final day to register for DJP football and cheer is August 9th.
DeWitt Junior Panther Facebook Group
Junior Panther Cheer Facebook Group
August 8th, 2018 8:15pm @ Dewitt's Sports Park
Side Line Chain Gang
Announcer & Spotters
DeWitt Youth Football and Cheerleading Program participates in the Capital Area Youth Football league. There are ten CAYF league members East Lansing, Grand Ledge, Holt, Lansing Catholic Central, Okemos, Saint Johns and Waverly.
Programs Purpose and Information
1. To instruct/coach and promote the game of football/cheerleading to our young athletes in the DeWitt Community.
2. To help participants build healthy bodies, strong minds, self-esteem, good character and learn life lessons that the game of youth football/cheerleading provides.
3. To help participants develop skills and proficiencies in football/cheerleading regardless of ability.
4. To teach participants the concepts of team work, good sportsmanship, pride, loyalty, honesty and courage.
5. Establish an understanding of the commitment necessary by parents and participants in order to enhance their success on and off the field.
6. To provide general support and a shared vision of the DeWitt High School Football program